Thursday, July 9, 2009

Naxx Run? Sort Of.....

I was minding my own business running my dailies when Pottymouth asked if I wanted to get into a Naxx group he had just gotten into. It was going to be a 25-man run. I was just about to start helping my brother with one of his alts when the whisper came through. I thought, 'I'm ready! Let's do this!'. This would be the cloth wearing freak's first foray into Naxx. They wanted me to go in as shadow and do some dps. I've been wanting to get Mad out of the healing box so I joined up. I started thinking of the epic loot that I now had a chance to get. I asked my brother if he wanted to go which he did so he went and dusted off his hunter, Zumbo. It took awhile to get everyone in there but we eventually got started. I started to notice some pretty heavy lag when hitting my spell buttons. Pottymouth started to mention something about having lag issues too. Since we were playing off the same network I figured there might be a network issue. We got to the first boss and I got a new epic wand! This is going to be an awesome night! First boss, already epic loot! Zumbo got two epic pieces!
Then I got disconnected, then I logged in, then I disconnected, then I logged in.......this went on for the better part of 30 minutes. My only thought was 'why now?'. This was the group that I had been waiting to get into for a very long time and network lag was going to take it away. Take it away it did. Potty whispered to the raid leader that we were going to restart our router/hub/computers and be right back. That solved the problem for about 10 minutes before the connection went down again and the ISP was down for about 20 minutes. It wasn't our network at all; it was the connection. It never goes down; it always works - until you want to get into a rare Naxx run. I was so mad and disappointed that I couldn't see straight. When we finally got logged back in we had been kicked from the group but managed to get reinvited. We got to the instructor boss fight and wiped twice so people started to leave the raid; it fell apart quickly. That was it. My Naxx run was over. I wanted to punch the wall or tear something in half I was so mad. I spent most of my night dinking around with an internet connection. I finished up my Wyrmrest dailies and called it a night. 6K until 'exalted' with Wyrmrest..... /sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment